THURSDAY, AUGUST 4-SUNDAY, AUGUST 7, 2016
Check-in: 2pm Check-out: 1.30pm
“THE ONE QUALITY THAT CAN BE DEVELOPED BY STUDIOUS REFLECTION AND PRACTICE IS THE LEADERSHIP OF MEN” – DWIGHT D. EISENHOWER
As players advance from the youth level into high school and collegiate soccer, the role of the captain goes from a token one to one of unquestionable significance. If you are currently captaining your high school team, your behavior, mindset and communication skills are key to your team’s success and the prestige of your high school. Unfortunately, these skills are not taught in traditional programs. That is a burden that most players have to carry without any instruction on how to be a more effective leader, meaning many promising captains do not fulfill their potential. Welcome to the Golden Goal High School Captains Leadership Program, where we focus on developing your ability to lead yourself and your team mates towards success, creating a legacy on the field, in the classroom and in life in general.
ARE YOU RECEIVING GUIDANCE IN ALL PILLARS OF THE GAME?
The player development model in the United States has changed dramatically and positively in the past fifteen years. You’ve probably been part of it. High school soccer has become the breeding ground for college talent, with games being televised regionally and star players becoming local celebrities. High school coaches typically teach programs with excellent technical training and tactical advice in games, but rarely have the time to coach the mental curriculums required to lead effectively, or offer supportive technology with staff specializing in those areas. Captains from different schools are never brought together and taught as a group, meaning the ability of our future leaders is left up to chance, rather than given the chance to flourish in a nurturing environment. Teams without an effective leader will fail in clutch moments, lack presence on the field and be unable to fulfil their promise, regardless of how much talent is on the field. For sport to be used effectively as a tool for teaching lessons that will last a lifetime, all areas of the game must be covered.
WELCOME TO GOLDEN GOALS HIGH SCHOOL CAPTAINS LEADERSHIP CAMP.
- Take this unique opportunity to learn the mental lessons and skills that will make a significant impact on you, your fellow teammates and the legacy of your school.
- We have assembled a highly respected professional team and devised an intense curriculum to help you break down mental barriers.
- The camp will involve on the field instruction, classroom sessions and the chance to challenge yourself in scrimmage games against fellow leaders.
- Our proven leadership curriculum has been successfully followed by 10% of players in MLS when they were at this key stage in their development.
- We are embracing and introducing players to cutting technology initiatives that allow you to track, monitor and enhance player performance.
- Our revolutionary program is available to individuals, high school teams or club teams. Any player currently captaining their high school can apply and will be accepted following a conversation with your coach.
LEARN FROM RECOGNIZED EXPERTS
“Terrific programs that are fully consistent with the pursuit of excellence” – ANSON DORRANCE
“His inter-personal skills are excellent and he consistently creates thoughtful conversation and progressive thinking.” – TONY DICICCO
“Your services as a player and whole demeanor was exemplary, and it speaks volumes for your character” – SIR ALEX FERGUSON
“Working with Phil has allowed me to advance my career. His attention to detail is among the best in the business” – TIM HOWARD
PARTICIPANTS WILL RECEIVE:
- On field instructional sessions by elite coaches.
- Small and full sided scrimmage games.
- Scrimmage games filmed with aerial cameras for tactical analysis.
- T4 Performance Assessment Testing.
- Four “Winning Ways” leadership seminars.
- Character building Challenge Course.
- Enjoy 3 sets of apparel courtesy of Capelli Sports.
APPLICATION & SELECTION PROCESS
IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS PLEASE CONTACT MARK SHEARER FOR DETAILS.
MSHEARER@GOLDENGOALPARK.COM - 973-270-7775